Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Racing Time

Ah! I'm so excited! I finally sat down and looked up different runs to space out over the year. They lead up to my ultimate goal of running a half-marathon by the end of 2010. Here's my calendar, so far:

March 21, 2010: Dancel Family Center Y 5K

April 25, 2010: Port to Fort 6K
(I'm raising money to help a children's charity. If you'd like to help by donating,
please email me or leave a comment, thanks!)


May 16, 2010: Capitol Hill Classic 10K (Raises money for a public elementary school in D.C.)


June 12, 2010: Marine Crossroads 17.75K (The race is named and spaced out for the year the USMC was founded)


August 8, 2010: Bunker Hill Trail Run (11 miles)

September 19, 2010: Philly Rock N Roll Half-Marathon! (So excited about this one!)


October 2, 2010: Freedom’s Run 10k

Keep watching the blog for updates on my training and running. These runs are in addition to the four weddings I will be attending/ a part of this year, as well as my sorority's convention in Orlando in June! I'm so excited and pumped for the rest of 2010!
In other news, we're getting buried in snow....again....

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!!

    I am seriously so jealous. There are NO local races around me...I have to drive at least three hours to get to anything. It totally puts a cramp into my race plans because everything would involve at least one night away (I refuse to be in the car at 3am for a race, haha!).

    Those sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I wish Greg and I were closer...then we could do some of those together!

    ReplyDelete