Thursday, December 9, 2010

Immaculata

Source: 1660 Murillo painting, Museo del Prado, Spain

I went to Mass this evening for the Holy Day of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I think I may have finally found a church here in the area that I enjoy going to and listening to the priest. It was a wonderful homily on the message of Luke 1:26-38- that nothing is impossible with God, no matter what difficulties you may be facing at that moment. As long as you take a moment to be quiet and listen to His word in your life, things will come together and turn out all right. Especially in the since of when Mary was informed that she was to have a baby, and not just any baby, but the Son of God- she said "Yes" and took on the challenges that came with that, regardless of how scared or worried about the unknown she may have been. Maybe an idea for all of us to take on a bit more of a challenge in our lives?

Speaking of turning out all right, I got a phone call from R who is on another business trip, which was a blessing in and of itself, as he was last able to talk to me when the plane landed several days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment