I hope everyone had a great summer! It seemed like it went by incredibly fast, but don't they all? Just realized I haven't posted in awhile. Saw this as I was going through my email this morning and thought I'd share:
THURSDAY, AUGUST 30 - Walk on
It’s that time of year again—kids are heading back to school, the days are getting shorter, the carefree summer is winding down; some evening soon there will be a hint of autumn in the air. As the calendar continues its relentless turn, the change of season may bring mixed emotions. Endings always do—whether to a relationship, a job, a dream, or the ultimate end we all will face in this mortal life. These are the moments when our faith is put to the test. Fortunately, we do not have to face final things alone. God is at our side, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. As you say farewell to summer in the days ahead, rest assured that you never walk alone.
TODAY’S READINGS: 1 Corinthians 1:1-9; Matthew 24:42-51 (428)
“He will keep you firm to the end.”
I don't often comment on religious matters on my blog, but this one just spoke to me this morning. There are some potential changes coming to the L household and I look forward to sharing the journey with you all. (Before you ask, no it's not a pregnancy, as R and I have a couple trips planned before that happens, and yes I'm aware of the phrase "tell God your plans and then He'll just start laughing").
I'm so looking forward to the coming fall season and plan to cherish it for all its worth. It will be our 4th fall here on the Mid-Atlantic coast, and there are a few things I still have on my tourist list that haven't been achieved as of yet.
- R and I have friends that are coming to visit us! So excited to see them all in September and October!
- Still want to make it to the National Portrait Gallery, Holocaust Museum, Udvar-Hazy, The Kennedy Center presentation of the Nutcracker & Alice and Wonderland, National Aquarium, and Mount Vernon.
-Going wine-tasting with friends using some already purchased Living Social deals
-More Texas Aggie Game-Watching parties with local Ags. BTHO Florida (next week)! Excited to be part of the SEC!
Have a wonderful Thursday y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment