Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dream Home 2012

It's almost that time of year again! (No, I'm actually not talking about Christmas, but rather the contest for the HGTV Dream Home- this year located outside Salt Lake City, Utah). Ski vacation home anyone? One of my friends who reads this blog knows I'm referring to an oft-mentioned conversation we have. Enjoy! : )

 I love looking through the photos and ideas the team decides to place in the home each year and occasionally use some ideas in my own home design and layouts. Check out a few pictures below and then check out the full website for more details.

I love the great room and how it doesn't seem to be too fussy or "museum-like." The colors of the fabric are also a nice mix with the stone.

I love the clean lines of blue and white. I also like the touch of having the water spouts over the stove so you don't have to lug a heavy pot of water from the sink to the stove for boiling. (It doesn't hurt that our kitchen appliances and tableware that are red would look so pretty and patriotic in this space).

My dream laundry room! The energy-efficient washer and dryer are hiding behind cabinet doors to the right, and there's plenty of space for other cleaning items and a sink.
 Above is the master bedroom and it looks like such a nice, cozy retreat. I like the touch of the similar wall sconces and chandelier.
The last picture is one of my favorites of the whole house. I love the idea of outdoor living rooms and this one looks especially comfortable and a nice place to entertain friends and family. 

Enjoy looking through the rest of the pictures on the website! 

No comments:

Post a Comment