Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Obsession with Books

I love books. Always have and most likely always will, at least for as long as my eyes are able to read them.

My really good first memories of books are sitting in kindergarten in the "Blue Bird" reading group, and yet still being bored with some of my other classmates as I seemed to be able to read the sentence a little faster than some of them could (The cat ran to the pan, etc.). Then fast forward to the summer after first grade and my dad was taking summer school after his first year of law school. He says he was taking Oil and Gas Law, or something like that. Anyway, there was this awesome bookstore called Ballinger's Books right down the street from our house in OKC that had every Nancy Drew book on the shelves. The first week I read a Nancy Drew book a day. We would go there for a lunch break (study break for my dad) and I would pick one out. The next day, same trip to the store and I would be ready for another selection. Sadly, the store is no longer there, it's now a Relax the Back store or something like that.

Now that I'm older, I still sometimes find myself in the kids section of bookstores and libraries, either for an easy and fun read, or for reminiscing purposes. This brings me to my errand today. I love Barnes and Noble stores, Borders, libraries, you name it. Just ask my friends who enjoy going with me, and even ask the ones who I drag in there. I can literally stay for hours at a time and most of the time not even realize the time gone by! Anyway, I got a coupon in the mail from Barnes and Noble and decided to go use it today. While I was searching for the book I went to buy, I found these selections that are now on my reading list (along with my project I mentioned the other day):

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay


Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


The Turtle Catcher by Nicole Helget



- all pictures from Barnes and Noble website

This list, is of course, on top of the reading I will have starting next week for my Masters degree classes.

I'm also in the midst of scheduling my bridal pictures and hair trial. I'm trying to have them done around the weekend of my bachelorette party, but we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment