Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall

I was going to write something else orginally, but then changed my mind. I will say this family has been in my prayers for some time now, as I follow Kelly's Korner blog. My heart goes out to him and his beautiful daughter and whole family. I know what it feels like to lose someone so close to you from a fight with cancer, among other complications. Obviously, I know there are differences, but this family will continue to be in my prayers along with all the rest of my family and friends going through hard times and fighting illnesses right now.




I'm fixing to head down to the Houston area for wedding #4 of "Wedding September!" I've been representing husband and I at two other weddings after our own the first weekend. I love weddings, I love that it means showing the world that a pair of people have chosen to commit themselves to each other for a lifetime under God's leadership and care. Every single wedding I've been to has been so beautiful. Here's just one instance: one of my "lil sis'" in Gamma Phi got married this past weekend and after another sorority sister read one of the readings the pastor commented. They chose to have the 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a "Love is Patient, Kind, and never-ending." He then advised everyone to think on what that means for a couple and to insert "I" where the word "love" goes, therefore it would read I am patient, I am kind, I am not envious, boastful or arrogant or rude. I do not insist on my own way, I am not irritable or resentful. . . Think on that and figure out how close you come in your relationships, and if you do all those things you are following the way Christ wants everyone to love. I loved my friend's pastor's message/ homily!

One last note on the fact that Sep 22 was the official first day of Fall! I love fall for all these reasons:
1) I like Starbucks, but I'm quite seriously addicted to their Pumpkin Spice Latte

2) I love the changing of the leaves

3) I LOVE Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas (but thats for another post)

4) I love that I can get out my assortment of sweaters and jackets

5) I love that this Thanksgiving will be my first one as a married woman and we are going to spend it with a close friend in NY instead of flying back to TX. However, I must note that I will dearly miss my Aunt Helon's house for this festivity as it means at least 4, sometimes 5 of the 6 siblings of my Mom's are usually in attendance.

6) Oh yea, and I can't forget this one, I love some Texas Aggie Football!

7) As a history buff, I should mention this one as well: My sorority's Founders Celebration Day is in the fall as well.

Have a Happy Fall weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment