Saturday, May 5, 2012

What to do: Kentucky Derby or Cinco de Mayo?

This year, as you may have noticed, the Kentucky Derby falls on the same day as Cinco de Mayo. There's been some talk of people wearing sombreros while watching the Derby. I have an entertaining image of that in my head. If you're heading to the actual derby in Churchill Downs, you might look a little odd if you choose to wear this next to this. Then again, maybe not:

138th Derby Fashions
Whatever you choose, Happy Derby/ Cinco de Mayo) day! I have family that lives in Kentucky and was originally planning on visiting them this year, but just didn't happen. (If you're reading Aunt Les-my apologies! and we'll see you in Destin). 

What is your preference? Are you planning on going to a restaurant that will be celebrating both? I'll be watching the race on TV with a nice mint julep in my hands (maybe followed by a margarita).

Happy weekend everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment