Friday, November 6, 2009

Kelly's Korner Show us your life- Thanksgiving!

Kelly's Korner's blog does a weekly "show us your life" posting on Fridays. Today's topic is Thanksgiving recipes! Here's one of my favorites from my maternal grandmother:

Cherry Cola Jello Salad- it's delicious!!

  • Take 2 cups Coca-Cola, and boil them in a saucepan.
  • Remove from heat.
  • Then add 2 cups cold Coca-Cola to the boiling Coke.
  • Add two small packets or 1 large packet of cherry jello. (The Coke replaces the water in the traditional recipe.)
  • Feel free to add a small bottle of maraschino cherries as well.
  • If your husband/ any other relatives aren't allergic to nuts, feel free to add some walnuts to the mix.
  • Chill in the fridge, just as the traditional directions state.
  • Serve!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This sounds yummy and original! I like! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try this, this weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of making jello with Cherry Coke. I bet that tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete