Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Dining Out and About in Kuwait

Al Mayass


               R and I were introduced to this restaurant by one of his coworkers. They serve some delicious Lebanese and Armenian food! All three times I have been since arriving have been wonderful meals with great company. We typically will order one dish for each person at the table and then family-style share the dishes with each other. 

Delicious Food (and the blue mocktail tasted like a Sonic Ocean Water slush)

More delicious food with a mocktail mojito

400 Gradi


             This restaurant is located in the Forum section of the Avenues mall. (SIde note: I have since learned this is a chain restaurant, available through at least the Middle East, potentially other areas as well). Has a nice mix of Italian and Arabian dishes. We have not been for lunch yet, only brunch. Brunch was so good, and I was so hungry that I only got this picture of my beverages (An Affogato along with some orange juice). Oh, and the restaurant is located across from the largest H and M store in the world: 

Madison and Heig



Prime and Toast

A little Eggs Benedict with a Cappucino

Friday morning walk along the Marina crescent after brunch


Katsuya

Watermelon mocktail and Blackberry Fizz mocktail
         I had no idea this was a worldwide chain restaurant until I was looking for restaurant website links for this post. So, if you happen to be in Glendale, AZ, South Beach, or the greater Los Angeles area and would like some delicious sushi or sashimi options, check this place out. 
Friday afternoon date during Lent: Sushi and Sashimi!
               We ate at the Arabella location which has nice views of the gulf and has decent parking (or valet parking for even easier access). Randomly, there is also a Pei Wei, Cheesecake Factory, and a Five Guys(!) all located in this restaurant/shopping center among the other restaurants. 
Restaurant iPad menu
               A lot of the restaurants here use iPads for their menus which allows you to see pictures of the different options along with the description. I find this really helpful and a nice touch. 

Babel


              Babel is a Lebanese style restaurant. They offer a Prix Fixe option for a table of 6, or you can order a la carte for individuals. The food was very good and the service was excellent. This restaurant is on the fancier side, and I would encourage one to have reservations in order to eat here. They have outside seating right on the Gulf for nice views (when it is daylight, obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment