Sunday, May 19, 2019

Liberation Tower and Other Feats of Engineering in Kuwait

December 2018


On the right, is a picture of
His Highness Sheikh Sabah IV Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Amir if Kuwait.
On the left, is a picture of
His Highness, the Crown Prince, Sheikh Nawaf 
Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah

We were given an opportunity to take a tour up into the Liberation Tower (Kuwait Telecom Tower). The observation deck moves, albeit very slowly, but if you look closely, you can see the buildings in different spots behind our heads in the photos posted below.

History and height of the Liberation Tower




Note: I took this picture as a passenger, R was driving. 




A view of Safat square
and the
Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Causeway
in the far background


You can just barely see the Kuwait Towers
from this angle (top far left)































I have not had a chance to visit the Kuwait Towers yet, only seen them from the ground. Safat Square has a neat history from what I've been able to gather dating back to the 1920s. The Causeway was just inaugurated on 1 May of this year and is currently the 4th longest bridge in the world! It crosses the Kuwait Bay. This is a very impressive feat of engineering, in my humble opinion. I'd like to find a friend willing to drive the span of the bridge with me. I'll keep you updated.

Source: The Times Kuwait








No comments:

Post a Comment