Saturday, May 11, 2019

New Year 2019 and January 2019: Running

Cheers to the New Year 2019!


We celebrated New Year's Eve here and sent this photo to friends and family back stateside.


           My cousin L who lives outside Los Angeles laughed as she is 10-11 hours behind our time zone, and so it wasn't even noon there yet. 😂

Hannibal Race: Kuwait (with some additional prior running events)

Nike Women's DC Half in April 2013
Zooma Annapolis 10K 2013
Zooma Annapolis 2013

Vancouver Canada SeaWheeze August 2016
Vancouver Canada SeaWheeze Half-Marathon 2016

Friend: What should I do for my 30th Birthday? Let's go run a half-marathon!

Vancouver PD at mile marker: Excessive speeding permitted. Ha!

                  I have met a group of friends here who like to run races. I started running in 2012, when my work/grad school/ life schedule didn't allow me to keep playing on the co-ed soccer team with R's coworkers. I ran the DC Nike Women's Half-Marathon in April 2013, the Zooma Annapolis 10k later that spring and the Zooma Texas 10k in 2015. I traveled with a few friends in August of 2016 to run the SeaWheeze Half-Marathon in Vancouver, Canada. I ran the Chupacabra Night Trail Run in San Antonio with a friend in 2016 as well. I sort of like running now.

The Ladies of the Q8 Running group
             This was different. Anyone familiar with Spartan races? This Hannibal Race was similar. The run happened in the Mutla Ridge area (think Northern Kuwait, not too far away from the Iraqi border region). This ridge is the highest point in Kuwait, and the views during part of the run were phenomenal! I'm super proud of myself for actually finishing this one, as I did not train well enough for this 8k obstacle course. I also have super fabulous friends that I have met here so far!
Source: all Hannibal Race photos taken by JF, friend here in Kuwait

F and I are almost to the finish line! I could not be more
grateful to him for sticking with me and cheering
 me through that race.
Finished! Now where's that shower. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment